- A new member of the IL-1 family of cytokines, IL-33, has been identified as a strong inducer of anaphylaxis http://bit.ly/19QUDP
- A new protease, Mina, is a negative regulator of the gene coding for IL-4. Mina biases TH2 bias and might be a good target for small-molecule drugs that could modulate allergic disease http://bit.ly/19QUDP
- Study: No association between obesity and asthma control in an urban population with asthma. http://bit.ly/aTkZN
- Food allergy has increased among school-aged children and now affects approximately 1 in 25 http://bit.ly/3rjGQJ
- Epithelial cells in Hyper-IgE syndrome were highly dependent on TH17 cytokines to induce antistaphylococcal defenses http://bit.ly/19QUDP
- How corticosteroids work: disruption of GATA-3 activation pathways plus inhibition of nuclear factor kB http://bit.ly/19QUDP
- Intranasal Corticosteroid Reduces Nonspecific Bronchial Hyperresponsiveness and Improves Asthma Symptoms http://bit.ly/eOL8O
- Osteoporosis highly prevalent in patients with COPD, no significant effect on BMD from inhaled corticosteroids http://bit.ly/TdPlv
- Diners with food allergies fear danger on the menu: Lack of awareness frustrates those with dietary needs. A patient with food allergy: "A lot of times, I'll eat before I go out to eat" http://bit.ly/SKaxP
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.