- Large local reactions (LLRs) from stinging insects are followed by a systemic reaction in 10-15% of patients. Prescription of autoinjectable adrenaline is advisable in large LLRs due to insects, immunotherapy studies needed http://bit.ly/HhmUo
- Increased endotoxin in household dust is associated with poverty, people, pets, household cleanliness, and geography. http://bit.ly/wljOG
- Food Allergy Initiative sponsors new trials: Antigen-Specific Tolerance, Allergen Gene Vaccination, Helminth Therapy. New trial in food allergy: Oral application of Trichuris suis ova (TSO) - the pig whipworm. Trichuris suis selected for food allergy study because it doesn't cause disease/multiplies in humans, and can't be transmitted to others http://bit.ly/wvvLw
- Video: Allergy Testing from Clifford Bassett, MD http://bit.ly/BxPjA
- Video: Using an EPI Pen For Anaphylaxis from Josh Wells, EMT http://bit.ly/1yzo9I
- Video: Students With Food Allergies Often Not Prepared http://bit.ly/Pas29
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source/links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.