- Early wheezing associated with cognitive deficit in 3-yr-old children? http://bit.ly/1JLEcb
- CNN: Mystery cough? 8 possible culprits http://bit.ly/nHMQo - Suggested mnemonic: BAD CAT TOM http://bit.ly/uFKjb
- Review of Meat Allergy: http://bit.ly/11LwDT
- Top 5 medical journals impact factor: 1) NEJM 50; 2) JAMA 31.718; 3) LANCET 28.409; 4) ANN INTERN MED 17.457; 5) BMJ 12.827
- 25 ways to teach with Twitter: http://bit.ly/VEOdM - Alternative title: 25 ways to spend your academic time producing nonacademic work.
- New Ph.D.s Look Abroad for Jobs - WSJ http://bit.ly/UYWPH
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.
Differential diagnosis of cough, a simple mnemonic is GREAT BAD CAT TOM. Click here to enlarge the image: (GERD (reflux), Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR), Rhinitis (both allergic and non-allergic) with post-nasal drip (upper airway cough syndrome), Embolism, e.g. PE in adults, Asthma, TB (tuberculosis), Bronchitis, pneumonia, pertussis, Aspiration, e.g foreign body in children, Drugs, e.g. ACE inhibitor, CF in children, Cardiogenic, e.g. mitral stenosis in adults, Achalasia in adults, Thyroid enlargement, e.g. goiter, "Thoughts" (psychogenic), Other causes, Malignancy, e.g. lung cancer in adults).