Tragic: Man died of food allergy in jail (CNN report)

From CNN: "Michael Saffioti died in jail after eating oatmeal due to a dairy allergy and his family is now suing for $10 million."



It sounds like he also had asthma and it appears that the anaphylactic reaction was not treated early (if at all) with epinephrine. Epineprine is the drug of choice in anaphylaxis of any cause. Early administration is essential in order to save lives. Avoidance of known food allergens is extremely important.

Related:

Shocking video shows Washington man left to die in jail from extreme food allergy as guards stand by - NY Daily News http://nydn.us/194ayPP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin