From MedPage Today:
In a study of 41 patients with non-allergic rhinitis exposed sequentially to a range of triggers, researchers found:
- 51% responded to cold dry air
- 70% reacted to a change from warm humid air to cold and dry air
- 47% responded to a two-hour exposure to ozone
- 32% responded to a 15-minute exposure to acetic acid, described as "smelling like a fish and chip shop"
- 43% responded to a potpourri fragrance
ACAAI: New Method Tackles Nonallergic Rhinitis. Michael Smith, North American Correspondent, MedPage Today.