- Asthma, food allergies and anaphylaxis are more frequently diagnosed in females http://bit.ly/5SKwx
- Food avoiders in infancy have a higher risk of 'atopic march' and allergy to other foods ('food allergen march') http://bit.ly/UQidb
- Asthma hospitalization rates increased with SABA prescription rates but fell with LABA prescription rates. African Americans were 6 times more likely to be hospitalized for asthma, greater risk with SABA, but lower with LABA http://bit.ly/IZ6bj
- Immunotherapy in the Treatment of Food Allergy: Focus on Oral Tolerance - Medscape http://bit.ly/10RkLb. Food allergy affects 6% of children younger than 3 years of age and approximately 4% of adults in the United States. Food-induced anaphylaxis is the most common cause of anaphylaxis treated in hospital emergency departments.
- Diuretics without a sulfonamide group (amiloride, eplerenone, ethacrynic, spironol., triamterene) safe in sulfa allergy http://bit.ly/yoyBk
- eNO measurement covered for asthma by BlueCross BlueShield, a health care insurer in Mid-Atlantic region USA http://pi5kn.tk
Follow me on Twitter: