- People who clean their homes with hypochlorite bleach less likely to be atopic, more likely to have respiratory symptoms http://bit.ly/L1A0X
- Lipid transfer protein (Ara h 9) is a new peanut allergen relevant for a Mediterranean allergic population. http://bit.ly/17q2J3
- Gastrointestinal tract is the largest lymphoid organ in the body. 4 major GI problems in antibody deficiency: infection, malignancy, inflammatory, autoimmune. May mimic IBD, celiac. http://bit.ly/87MrW
- Another asthma predictive index: Clinical asthma prediction score for preschool children who have asthma-like symptoms for the first time. Risk score based on 8 clinical parameters predicts asthma in preschool children who first reported asthma-like symptoms http://bit.ly/d6K6c
- In ICS users, chronic cough or phlegm and female sex were related to uncontrolled asthma. In non-ICS users, high total IgE and sensitization to molds were associated with uncontrolled asthma http://bit.ly/x7GtG
- Guardian.co.uk: MSG allergy is fake science http://bit.ly/7X183
- Expanding snow crab-processing industry may increase risk of occupational allergy, 4 IgE-reactive proteins identified http://bit.ly/i2dma
- Recent Advances in Childhood Asthma: An Expert Interview With Bradley E. Chipps, MD - Medscape http://bit.ly/VcnhY
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.