- Allergic rhinitis was significantly associated with nasal eosinophilia and irreversible nasal airway obstruction. Chronic inflammation and structural remodeling of the nasal mucosa occurs in allergic rhinitis n children at age 6. Allergic rhinitis associated with irreversible nasal airway obstruction, whereas nonallergic rhinitis was not. http://bit.ly/1kVGuV
- Ozone concentrations below the current U.S. clean-air standard may still temporarily impair lung function http://bit.ly/3wu6Mu
- 120 people die each year in the United States from peanut allergies. Food allergies are becoming more prevalent http://bit.ly/4vi0V
- T-cell epitope mapping identified several major T-cell allergens, may offer peptide therapy in the future http://bit.ly/tg6f4
- In honeybee or yellow jacket venom allergy, VIT with purified extracts had a lower rate of severe local reactions http://bit.ly/3dO7H
- Lower vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) levels in the airway as a marker for emphysematous changes in the lungs http://bit.ly/2uSUWp
- Google "wonder wheel" for asthma - a rudimentary mind map: http://bit.ly/4tOOF
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.