- Chronic urticaria is a common skin disease without an etiology in the majority of cases. In chronic urticaria, blood basophils display altered IgE receptor-mediated degranulation, reverts in disease remission http://bit.ly/gLZ6W
- Two subtypes of cholinergic urticaria are proposed: sweat-hypersensitivity type and follicular type http://bit.ly/11Yz4
- Intranasal corticosteroids improve ocular allergy through the naso-ocular reflex, a class effect http://bit.ly/7RuIr
- Some studies suggest a relationship between intranasal steroids and increased IOP. Large prospective studies are lacking http://bit.ly/3GMlH3
- Methotrexate helpful in moderate to severe adult atopic eczema, mean effective dose was 15 mg http://bit.ly/9qeOI
- Obesity predisposes to Th17 bias - a T-cell lineage subset with prominent pro-inflammatory roles http://bit.ly/IBaH9
- Increased urine IgM excretion predicts cardiovascular events in patients with type 1 diabetes nephropathy http://bit.ly/ZJLiH
- Severe chronic upper airway disease (SCUAD) = uncontrolled allergic rhinitis, NAR, chronic rhinosinusitis, AERD, etc. http://bit.ly/FUjrI
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.