- Interleukin-17A (IL-17A) is the hallmark cytokine of the newly defined T helper 17 (TH17) cell subset. IL-17A protects the host against extracellular pathogens but also promotes inflammatory pathology in autoimmune disease http://bit.ly/ZPphX
- Gene polymorphisms might affect the link between environmental exposures and risk of recurrent wheeze in childhood. Polymorphisms in IL-8 affected the association between pet-keeping and risk of wheeze in children http://bit.ly/5z6Tp
- Protecting the lung 'bacterial ecosystem' may help cystic fibrosis patients but it is too early for treatment decisions http://bit.ly/UgK5i
- Membrane vesicles as conveyors of immune responses - in addition to secretion of proteins that then bind to receptors http://bit.ly/L9VVf
- How to be Naive: transcription factor KLF2 directs expression of receptors involved in trafficking of naive T cells http://bit.ly/ksXIQ
- Some cytokines refuse to be pigeonholed: IL-9 gets around - can derive from a number of CD4 T cell types. Many types of CD4 T cells, including Th2 and regulatory T cells, produce IL-9 in response to TGF-beta. Th17 cells produced more IL-9 in culture in response to TGF-beta than did other types of CD4+ T cells http://bit.ly/hajAP
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.