- Colonization with S aureus in the first year of life are associated with atopic dermatitis and its severity http://bit.ly/m4uu0
- In US population prevalence of current asthma was 8.8%, prevalence of atopy was 42.5%, as defined by 15 specific IgEs. 92% of atopic subjects were identified by 6 specific IgEs, more than 99% identification required 11 specific IgEs. Total IgE level predicted asthma only among atopic subjects http://bit.ly/19kmuF
- LTE(4) receptors are potential therapeutic targets that are not currently addressed by available receptor antagonists. LTE(4) binds poorly to type 1 and 2 cysLT receptors and is much less active on normal airways than LTC(4) or LTD(4) http://bit.ly/vWYr7
- Visit The Virtual AllergistTM Symptom Checker by AAAAI http://bit.ly/11Kh62
- Potential brand confusion: in U.S., Zyrtec pills contain cetirizine but Zyrtec eye drops contain ketotifen http://bit.ly/P6F1Y
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.