- Optimistic drug presentation increase placebo effect for patient-reported outcomes (symptoms) but not lung function. Headaches were more common in participants provided messages that mentioned headache as a montelukast side effect http://bit.ly/f2YWj
- Inadequate health literacy is associated with increased asthma morbidity http://bit.ly/iBOBw
- In older people with obstructive airway disease, 50% have overlapping diagnoses of asthma and COPD (overlap syndrome). Overlap syndrome - coexistence of increased variability of airflow with incompletely reversible airway obstruction. http://bit.ly/4I3lY
- Traffic-related air pollution correlates with adult-onset asthma among never-smokers http://bit.ly/diQPK -- Chronic exposure to outdoor air pollution is associated with modestly reduced FEV1 in adults. http://bit.ly/3LZCfS
- Rhinovirus and respiratory syncytial virus may play a role in the initiation of asthma http://bit.ly/3meZ8S
- Sequential IgE-binding epitopes as biomarkers for characterizing various phenotypes of food allergy http://bit.ly/IG54k
- Th2 cells express CCR4 chemokine receptor, increased production of CCR4 ligands by CD11c dendritic cells in asthma. CCR4 blockade inhibits the salient features of asthma, CCR4 antagonists may be useful as future therapy http://bit.ly/sqWtz
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.