- Sinusitis now can be treated with balloon sinuplasty - minimally invasive sinus surgery. 14% of U.S. population has chronic sinusitis, 500,000 patients/year undergo functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) http://bit.ly/uNQQm
- The antihistamine ketotifen and cromolyn successfully treat diabetes and obesity in mice. Mast cells are abundant in fat tissues of obese and diabetic people and mice. Antihistamines could work as new therapy http://bit.ly/1UKKt4
- Why Do Doctors and Patients Not Follow Guidelines? 10% of doctors ignore the existence of 78% of available guidelines. Why Do Doctors and Patients Not Follow Guidelines? 10% of doctors consider guidelines inapplicable in clinical practice http://bit.ly/JwMIG
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals Launches Pre-Filled Epinephrine Syringe - an alternative to EpiPen http://bit.ly/suJbt
- Some helpful tips: "Allergies from the Restaurant's Point of View" http://bit.ly/4afvK3
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source/links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.