- Cysteinyl leukotrienes are the most potent bronchoconstrictors known. Leukotriene inhibitors should be reserved for patients who cannot or will not use ICSs. Leukotriene inhibitors are alternatives to LABAs as add-on therapy to ICSs, but their efficacy is less than ICS/LABA http://bit.ly/1PPnXO
- Helping the Helpers: differentiation of T follicular helper cells is dependent on dendritic cell-derived interleukin-12 http://bit.ly/3sMVM
- IL-33 is a member of the IL-1 family and is involved in polarization of T cells toward a T helper 2 (Th2) cell phenotype. Caspase-mediated proteolysis may act as a switch to dampen the proinflammatory properties of IL-33 http://bit.ly/VnEF8
- RAG-1–RAG-2 complex nucleates a specialized subnuclear compartment - the 'V(D)J recombination factory' http://bit.ly/wBPgz
- Jawless fish, the 'sister' group of jawed vertebrates, use leucine-rich repeat–containing proteins as antigen receptors http://bit.ly/2zrdg
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source/links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.