- Intestinal antigen presenting cells promote tolerance to dietary antigen via the induction of regulatory T cells. Retinoic acid, a vitamin A metabolite, is a key environmental factor in oral tolerance induction in food allergy http://bit.ly/9GBhH
- Pre-tx allergen-specific IgE levels do not provide any better prediction of Xolair response to treatment than total IgE http://bit.ly/x5076
- The most important causative factor for anaphylaxis in mastocytosis are insect stings. Venom immunotherapy should be considered in mastocytosis, patients should be carrying 2 adrenaline auto injectors http://bit.ly/urEF8
- No association between obesity and asthma control in an urban population with asthma http://bit.ly/SNV5Z
- Masitinib, a c-kit/PDGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, improves severe corticosteroid-dependent asthma http://bit.ly/MOzvw
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source/links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) does not represent endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.