- Allergen advisory labels: warnings included "may contain" (38%), "shared equipment" (33%), and "within plant" (29%). Nonspecific terms, such as "natural flavors" and "spices," were found on 65% of products. Many product labels have ambiguities that present challenges to consumers with food allergy. http://bit.ly/SMNxg
- Afamelanotide, a photoprotective drug, granted Orphan Medicinal Product for treatment of Solar Urticaria in Europe. Afamelanotide was approved in 2008 for treatment of erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP). Solar urticaria affects approximately 3 per 100,000 people, as little as 5 minutes of sun exposure can cause hives http://is.gd/1xetz
- Travel Tips Checklist for Patients with Allergy And Asthma from ACAAI http://bit.ly/yPEfF
- Link between innate and adaptive immune system: Toll-like receptor 7 and 9 defects in common variable immunodeficiency http://bit.ly/2ZUSm
- Increased urinary leukotriene E(4) excretion in obstructive sleep apnea due to obesity and hypoxia http://bit.ly/pcog4
- The abstract submission site is now open for the 2010 AAAAI Annual Meeting, deadline is September 2, 2009 http://bit.ly/FUyrp
- SpringerImages (biomedical) can be used for almost all noncommercial purposes, presentations, etc. http://bit.ly/9dZMh & http://bit.ly/cgHRJ
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.