- Utility of diagnostic tests in the follow-up of egg-allergic children: skin prick test (SPT) and specific IgE levels. An oral challenge should not be performed in egg allergic paediatric patients with either an egg white prick test above 7 mm or a white egg-sIgE determination above 1.3 KU/L, because there is a 90% probability of remaining allergic. http://bit.ly/2mps4
- Prevalence of food hypersensitivity (FHS) in young adults: reported in 18%, confirmed in 1.7%. Most common allergenic food in young adults: peanut (0.6%), additives (0.5%), shrimp (0.2%), codfish, cow's milk , octopus, soy (0.1% each).
- Major increase in allergic sensitization in school children in Sweden (1996-2006), sensitization to cat most common http://bit.ly/37JvdG
- Oral immunotherapy induces clinical desensitization to peanut, with significant long-term humoral and cellular changes http://bit.ly/BlGS0
- Defects along the T(H)17 pathway lead to genetically distinct forms of hyper IgE syndrome, some with normal STAT3 http://bit.ly/10g6lz
- CDC launches a Web-based tool to track environmental exposure to diseases such as asthma http://bit.ly/8wNMF and http://bit.ly/ZZIac
- Currently, many insurers consider exhaled nitric oxide testing investigational which means they will not pay for it. http://bit.ly/yAj7k
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.